Wednesday, June 1, 2011

God Changed the OC in Me by Sis. Ardis Sola


I was a control freak during my high school and college days. Back then, it was called “being organized.” I remember having a huge manila paper posted on my wall with my sched on it. I made sure that no detail was left unattended. Every single day, I put a check mark on the completed tasks and an x mark for those I didn’t accomplish. On top of this, I also kept a small notebook where I wrote down my dreams and ambitions for the future. You can just imagine how stressed I was trying to do everything and see check marks on my wallpaper sched. Not only did I experience tremendous stress, but I also became anti-social and depressed. All that mattered to me was getting things done as per sched!
Everything changed when I encountered Jesus and slowly learned to relax and rest on Him. Did He not promise great peace and pure joy to those who believe that He actually controls all things? Wow! I ripped the manila paper on my wall and felt so relieved. I have a God who has a great plan for my life so might as well let Him take over.
        “One day, when He shows Himself in full splendor to men, you will be filled with the most tremendous joy… You can be sure that God’s Spirit of glory… is resting upon you. “ (1 Peter 4: 13-14)


No comments:

Post a Comment